MMS has worked tirelessly, to make sure that only the most suitable and reputable ads appear on our government partner's websites. In many ways, Ad Content Control is even more important to us than revenue generation because we understand the level of prestige our government partners must maintain.
Ideally, all of your website's inventory will be sold by the MMS sales force. Ads sold by the sales force will generate the maximum amount of revenue while giving you ample time to review the ads in advance.
In reality, even the best sales force will not be able to sell all of your inventory directly to advertisers. Fortunately, there are solutions to this problem. All solutions involve the use of ad networks; the difference between each option is the amount and type of control you have over ads being displayed for remnant inventory. For a more thorough list of our solutions, please contact us.
To begin with, we have developed our own set of parameters regarding forbidden content. We do not allow advertisers to display advertisements which include any of the following:
- Potentially slanderous or libelous content
- Bad language, body parts, or proxies for bad language
- Indecent language or behavior
- Hostility or violence
- Illegal discrimination of any group
- Attacks considered ethnic, racial, sexual, or religious
- Content harmful to children, emotionally or physically
- Alcoholic beverages and Tobacco Products
- Inherently dangerous products
- Advertisements and/or links for products and/or services that violate the law
- Advertising that is false, misleading, deceptive and/or offensive to the moral standards of the community, or contrary to good taste
- Advertising which might be contrary to the best interests of the Site Owner, its departments, appointed and elected officials, respectively and/or states or suggests that proponents or opponents of the persons or measures advertised are vulgar, greedy, immoral, monopolistic, illegal or unfair
- Involves or refers to political, religious, moral or environmental issues subject to public debate
- Any information that would subject the website to be a public forum
- Links to sites that contain malicious software that may be uploaded and/or downloaded to the Internet user’s computer
We understand that there may be other areas of control that are pertinent to you, and we will be sure to include those areas as well.